- Serving educators & parents since 1985
- Personalized service
- Free classroom evaluations
What are cookies?Cookies are small text files which a website places on the hard drive of your computer when you visit a website. The most important function of cookies is to distinguish users from each other.
1. Functional cookies
Functional cookies ensure a website functions properly. These cookies ensure that:
- Information is passed from one page to another if, for example, you have to enter a lot of data.
- The settings for displaying videos (such as desired buffer size and resolution data) are saved.
- The browser settings for an optimal display for our website can be read.
- The website is loaded evenly to ensure the website remains accessible.
- It is possible to respond on the website.
- It determines which version of the website you will see.
The information we collect is used to produce statistics. This data gives us insight into the behaviour of visitors on the website. By analysing this behaviour, we can make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user-friendly as possible. The data is not traced to individual people. These cookies ensure that:
- The number of visitors to web pages on this website is tracked.
- The duration of each visitor is recorded.
- The order in which visitors visit pages is recorded.
- It becomes easy to judge which parts of the website need adjustments.
- In regards to the cookies which are placed for analysis purposes, you can read the statements on the websites of the providers of the used analysis software:
Cookies are required to be able to send you targeted information on third-party sites and to ensure they match your interests. Media agencies and advertising networks act as intermediaries between website owners and advertisers. Cookies ensure that:
- It keeps track of which ads you have seen to prevent you from seeing ads multiple times.
- A record is kept of how many visitors click on advertisements, to ensure the right amount can be charged by the party from whom the add space is purchased.
- A record is kept of how many orders visitors place through the advertisement, which means the party whose advertising space is purchased can be settled.
- In regards to the cookies which other parties place for advertising purposes, you can read the statements on the websites of these parties:
We adapt our website to the needs of the visitor. This is the case on the website, but also on advertisements which are displayed outside this website. In order to adapt the website to the visitor, we analyse behaviour to identify interests. We use these interests to determine the content and offers on the website for different groups of customers.
Third parties who place cookies on the website can also identify your interests. Insights from multiple visits are combined for new insights. Cookies ensure that:
- Visitors are registered to estimate interests.
- Clicks on advertisements are measured.
- Information about your behaviour on the website is passed on to other websites.
- Relevant advertisements from third parties can be displayed.
- Interesting advertisements can be displayed based on your social media usage.
5. Social media
- Logged-in users of the social media concerned can directly share website content.
- In regards to the cookies which social media parties place for advertising purposes, you can read the statements on the websites of these parties:
Google+ / YouTube
6. Other / unforeseen cookies
It is possible that cookies are placed on this website from third parties which we are not aware of. If this website contains cookies in this category, please contact us or the third party which has placed the cookie.
7. Browser settings – no cookies
Settings vary per browser. Adjust them here:
9. Final remarks
We keep an eye on the development of cookies and make a new version if things change. Please contact us if you would like to view your personal data. If the overview we offer contains uncertainties, you can have the data changed or removed. You can also indicate if you do not want to be approached with information about our products and services by reporting this to firstname.lastname@example.org.